Thursday, July 20, 2017

Does Jesus Care?

When my sad heart aches...till it nearly breaks...does He care enough to be near?

The answer is Yes, Jesus does care, and He cares enough to be my comfort and strength in my sorrow. My heart is breaking and tearing, I have gone through this before, but that doesn't make it hurt less. Jesus love never ceases to amaze me, He hears my cries, and He knows what I need even when I do not. 

My last week with my family and in the program have been filled with small special moments, like chatting with papá Kokí and mamá Wanita, or spending time with Anahí and Yariela playing or making cards. Lingering a little longer at the supper table with my family and taking a little more time with every Spanish conversation I have. 

This morning I realized it was almost my last morning to have pinto for breakfast, even when I heard my host dad emptying my bathroom garbage this morning I thought, this is the last time I will hear this. Its weird how two months can quickly develop into routine, normal, and the expected.

Today was our last day of school and we had a two-hour long test, then we had to wait two and a half hours while our professor graded, and worked through technology to print off a sheet of paper with our grades so we could sign them and leave. It was a good reminder that we are in Costa Rica, to be patient, and it helped make leaving school a joyous event. 

This afternoon I did a mock interview with my host-dads sister. She has been taking classes for the last five months and has an interview in English tomorrow. It was fun to do this and see the English - Spanish dynamics going on. Times she would explain something to me in Spanish and I would help her choose the best English words to express it and other times I would explain something to her in English. Then my dad would pop in and correct her or speak in English or Spanish and it was just amazing to me that I could take part of this. It just seemed fitting to spend my last day in Costa Rica like this.

Tonight is the going away party for all the families and students. I am hoping that I cried all of my tears yesterday so they won't come out tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment