Friday, June 21, 2013

Tears...

Visiting with a dear elderly neighbor who recently lost her husband. As she was talking with me and sharing her wonderful memories and keepsakes of her husband, my tears nearly spilled over. Hers have been spent I'm sure...but my heart nearly broke. Married for over 60 years, now alone....

What has happened to me? I'm no cryer...well at least I used to not be one...

Others loneliness and heartaches never left such a huge impact on me before...now it stamps an impression on my heart that I can't forget! I've seen children alone...with absolutely no one.... not even.... someone. I have felt their pain in a small, small way...and I can't forget it!

So helpless, so alone, these are the things that my heart will not forget....when I hear about 2 precious little girls burning in a house fire, when I think of all the precious children waiting for families, when I hear about children that need to be rescued, when I talk to lonely grandpa's and grandma's, when I see people trapped inside their bodies, when I see those with no one...my heart reaches out in a way it never did before. My heart aches for them, and God taught me a little more what it is like to rejoice with them that rejoice and how to weep with those that weep.

I work with elderly and have been able to notice in so many ways how many of these abandoned grandpa's and grandma's are in so many ways like a lot of the orphans I met, of course on a different scale, with different surroundings and all, but so many of them are just looking for someone to care. Someone to stop in and say Hi, someone to give them a hug and spend sometime with them or event to adopt them as a "grandparent".

So it seems no matter where we are, there are people we can reach out too! Whether its at an orphanage or a nursing home, there are people that need our love and prayers, that need our investment and time. What are willing to invest?

I'm so thankful that God is continually changing me even if it means I shed more tears, even if it means I carry others burdens, even if it means I live and serve here and part of my heart is broken for those who are far away and suffering. Because I want to be like Him, I want to be tenderhearted and full of compassion, I want to be full of grace and mercy, I want to love as He loves, I want to be just like HIM!! I want others to know that God loves them, through me.


Romans 12:10-17
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distribution to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. Bless them which persecute you: bless and curse not. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

I couldn't help but share these verses, maybe just so they could remind me....

1 comment: