Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Goodbye party

Goodbyes are never easy, and Costa Rican goodbyes are no exception. All of our host families worked together to create a fun night. It was amazing to see the difference in all of us from the first day of orientation. We were all scared, nervous, and excited to meet our families, but on this night we were all sitting and visiting with them, feeling like family. They all do such an amazing job with welcoming us into their lives and families. We had lots of Costa Rican food, music, dancing, and sharing of many memories.

Annaí, papá Yue, me, mamá Iva, and Aldo

I can never forget this family and all the ways that they have sacrificed and loved me so well.
Dancing polka with my little sister.

Did I say it was a Costa Rican party? I am not sure the significance of the wigs, sometimes I think they like to make things up to make us look funny and laugh, but it makes for a fun time and sweet memories. <3 <3 <3


I will never forget how Annaí fell asleep in my arms at the party, and that timid little Aldo danced with me and let me hold him. Gracias familia Tica por todo su amor y cuidado, ya la extraño terriblemente.

No comments:

Post a Comment